A Dress with Pockets









Awhile ago someone posted a picture of a dress by Remie Girl in one of my Facebook groups. It was this adorable, soft knit with enormous pockets. I became obsessed! For the next three nights I dreamt about this dress. Clearly I had to make it.

I started searching for a good knit dress pattern. I ended up going with the Isla Infinity Dress by Simple Life Pattern Co. on Etsy. I liked that there were several options for every element of the dress and I thought that even if I couldn't recreate my inspiration dress with it, it would still be a really good, basic knit dress pattern. Turns out, it was perfect! I went with the 3/4 length sleeve, the high/low waist, and gathered skirt. The pattern didn't include pockets, but I figured that was something I could wing. I love how slouchy the pockets are in my inspiration dress and this tutorial was very helpful to achieve the same effect. I used Telio Organic Cotton Jersey in Grey. It's always so hard to tell what a color truly is online. In the photos, this one seemed to have a purplish cast to it, which I liked, and I was so relieved that it really did have a bit of purple in it in person. I'm getting a little bit wiser in my sewing and I actually measured Theda before cutting this out. I ended up cutting out a 3T bodice and a 4T skirt because I wanted it to fall below her knee.

I'm so very happy with how it turned out! Theda is too. She had a grand time marching around the yard on this very warm, albeit windy, day. Her favorite thing to put in the pockets? Rocks.

1 comment:

  1. It's about time we had an equal amount of "Theda" pictures!!! lol

    ReplyDelete