Handmade Holidays: Solstice Jammies



So, I've been wanting to make mama-made Solstice Jammies a tradition in our family for the past six years. Finally (finally!) they made their first appearance this year.

I love the winter solstice traditions that SouleMama has nurtured for her family. The pre-dinner bonfire, the candlelit dinner, and the mama-made matching p.j.'s for the kiddos. Those first two elements will make an appearance for us eventually, but for now I was delighted to just have the jammies made for the kids.

Silas' are the Alex & Anna Winter PJs from Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop and Theda's is the Piper Onesie from Sadi and Sam, both in the leftovers from the birthday shirts we made earlier this fall. I am still quite new at sewing knits, so I'm glad that no one will be looking too closely at these pajamas. There were some tension issues and an overuse of zig zag. Overall, though, I'm really happy with them. Silas' fit, he likes them, and it absolutely makes my heart melt to see him wear them. Total win! Theda's, on the other hand, while totally cute, were about 2 sizes too big. I tend to always start my sewing projects at night after the kids are in bed, and didn't have the foresight to actually measure her, so I just went ahead and made the 18-24 month size. Whoops! How about we spin it that I'm just really ahead of the game for next year, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment