A Few Knits and some Letters




What's photographed here represents the totality of my knitting for the past 6 months or so. I'm so in love with the Stella Pixie Hat. This yarn was a gift from a dear friend who was clearing out her stash and I thought it would be fun to knit a sweet little thing for Theda. But, when I tried it on her it was already too small, so I couldn't muster the motivation to finish the chin strap. I still have enough of that yarn left, I think, to knit it again in a larger size. For the spring, perhaps?

And to jump to the other hibernating knitting project, this is the beginning of a matching romper and sweater set that I was hoping to have done for Theda for her first Christmas. I cast it on all of two weeks before December 25th. When it became clear that I wouldn't get it done in time, I scaled my ambitions back a bit and was just going to make them into pants. But then I realized that the pattern included no shaping in the bum and there was no way they'd fit over a cloth diaper, so I scraped the whole project. Right now they're just hanging out in the bottom of my knitting basket while I decide what to do with them. 

We started loosely doing Handwriting without Tears last week and absolutely love it. Silas has been on the hunt to find as many "big L's" today as he can. You'd be surprised how many he's found!

Joining Ginny.

No comments:

Post a Comment