Kickin' Back Pants










It took a full four years, but I finally sewed an article of clothing for my little boy. They're the Kickin' Back Sweats from Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa and I used some blue linen and a patterned cotton that I found at the thrift store for a couple dollars. These are super easy to sew and I made them in a single night, although this incredibly inexperienced sewer did need to seek out some help from my local sewing circle to figure out the pattern...luckily those talented ladies are up late sewing (and checking Facebook!) just as I was.

I had a huge burst of sewing motivation in the two weeks before Theda was born. If she had waited one more day to arrive, I probably would have made a matching shirt for these pants. I'd still like to try my hand at one, but Silas has requested more pants, so those are at the top of the to-make list. Now I just need to figure out how to nurse a 3-week-old while sitting at the sewing machine...

1 comment:

  1. Love these pants too, especially the low pocket - perfect for collecting things off the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete