Easter Tree





Of all the projects we've done to celebrate Easter this year, I have to say that making this little Easter Tree with Silas was by far my favorite. It unfolded slowly, over the course of a week or two. First we gathered the sticks during our morning nature walks. Then we sat together and wrapped them with embroidery floss. I have a bin of mixed colors that I inherited from my grandmother and it is a jumbled tangled knot-of-a-mess, which didn't at all prevent Silas from having a very fine time in selecting his colors and pulling them from the large ball of thread, one at a time. We'll hang our few decorated eggs from its branches this weekend as we celebrate the return of spring.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! We wrapped branches with yarn yesterday, so much fun! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete