Reggio Invitation: Looking at Snowflakes


We had a beautiful, soft snowfall on Christmas day. We spent most of it snuggled up inside, but we did venture out to play a bit, feed the birds, and to catch some snowflakes.


Our Circle Time this week (and next week, most likely) is all about snowflakes. So, I taped black construction paper to a tray and asked Silas if he wanted to take a closer look. We held the tray out to catch some flakes and then looked at them with the magnifying glass. This is the first time that I've introduced Silas to this tool, so he wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Plus, he was way more interested in eating the snow. As with all of these invitations, though, the key is in repetition. We'll try it again with the next snowfall and with the next after that, if he's willing. Noticing and expanding our world all the while.


Silas is 2.75 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Seven times for something to sink in and stick right? I'm sure you'll get 6 more snowfalls this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning a curriculum on snow for when my daughter returns to homeschool in January. This invitation to investigate snowflakes is awesome. I'll be adding it to my list!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete