{CSA Recipes} Dilled Cucumber in Yogurt

Summer CSA | Week 7
In our box: red potatoes, sungold tomatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, carrots with tops, green beans, summer squash, and broccoli

I wish I had some inspiring tales of how I used all of the produce this week, but I don't. I'm so behind! We've used a carrot here and a tomato there, but we've only just today gotten through all of the previous week's veggies. This always seems to happen to me at the end of July.

The one dish that we did manage to put together was a wonderful cold cucumber salad. Once a month Steve comes home early from work to be with Silas while I go to my chiropractic appointment. On this day we were in a rush; he was late getting home and I was late getting going. I had the cucumbers all sliced and the cookbook laid open. I didn't really think that he would do the rest of the chopping, but he did and the result was delicious, garlicky goodness.




Dilled Cucumbers in Yogurt
adapted from Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant

Ingredients

2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
3 TBS. chopped fresh parsley
3 TBS. chopped fresh dill
1 C. yogurt
1 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
3-4 large garlic cloves, minced
salt & pepper to taste

1. Gently toss together all ingredients and chill.

4 comments:

  1. that looks yummy. so refreshing on the hot summer evenings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks amazing! yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! I love cucumbers in dill yogurt sauce! I am so making that when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! And how wonderful that your husband finished for you!

    ReplyDelete