Super Slouch Beret





Off the needles just in time for a heat wave is a super slouch beret. I used a hank and a half of undyed, handspun from Bo-Rage Yarns that I luckily stumbled upon at Goodwill. I searched high and low to find a pattern that would highlight the variegated thickness of this yarn, but found very few options that I liked. I tried twice to make a cowl with it, frogging it completely both times, because the stiffness seemed like it would be just too uncomfortable to wear. A beret was the perfect solution. It's not at all fussy so the yarn is the star, which I love, and the stiffness actually works to give the hat needed shape.

It's supposed to be back down in the 40's by the end of the week, so I may get to warm my ears under this hat yet this spring after all.

Joining Ginny.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks so slouchy and comfy cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat! Crazy weather - you probably will get to wear it real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks awesome, and you look wonderful in it. maybe you will have a few cool days to get some use out of it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard sometimes to find that perfect pattern. I love your choice here, the yarn really stands out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! love your braids too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Looks so lovely on you, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete