Aloe



I have been wanting an aloe plant for as long as I can remember, so when I spied a whole flat of them outside on our most recent trip to the bulk grocery store, I couldn't resist bringing one home. Silas took his job of re-potting helper very seriously, carefully scooping in the soil and pressing it into the pot. It was a gorgeous morning and we had the company of many singing birds while we worked. A leaf broke off in the process so Silas had the opportunity to explore it; pulling it carefully apart and feeling the stickiness on his fingers. I told him that aloe is very good for scratches and other owies and showed him how he could rub it on his skin, which he then proceeded to do with gusto. I've also wanted to try including some aloe gel in our smoothies. I hear it's supposed to be crazy-good for you.

3 comments:

  1. I heard that too! Does Silas love smoothies? I guess it's something to do with the gel cleaning toxins out of your digestive tract on the way out? Similar to chia seeds! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloe, the healer of all! I had a huge one back in Tucson. It healed everything. Wonder plant really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloe is awesome stuff. Both my grandmothers and my mom had(have) one on the kitchen window sill for easy access

    ReplyDelete