Yarn Along


This week's trip to Goodwill yielded a crafty thrifter's dream. Some knitter out there -- I picture a grandmotherly type, but young-at-heart and with hip yarn style -- must have been doing some spring cleaning and decided to donate a huge stash of all-wool, all-awesome yarn. It was an absolute steal and it took me all of three seconds to throw the bag in my cart. I did resolve to not buy any new yarn and to knit down my stash, but this doesn't count, right? It's not "new," right? (Thank you for going along with me on this.) Included in the collection were three hanks of gorgeous Bo-Rage so now I'm on a hunt for a pattern that is worthy of its homespun goodness.

In my reading queue are many Reggio-inspired titles: The Hundred Languages of Children, Learning Together with Young Children and Prime Times.

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

6 comments:

  1. What a lucky find!!! And I agree, this does not count at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What awesome yarn. It doesn't count because it was purchased in the support of a charitable foundation....I can always find a way to justify a yarn purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome find! And I totally agree - not new :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - awesome find! It would have been churlish not to get it :) Thanks for sharing the good reads, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reads are my inspiration in child care! Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it definitely does not count!! That is an incredible find, you are so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete