Music Nook












Awhile ago I cleared out a corner of our dining room to make a little music nook for Silas. Well, mostly cleared out. It wouldn't be my house if there weren't (quite) a bit of clutter still around. But some wine cork hangers, several baskets, and a decorative banner later, and we have a little place to spread out and sort all the musical instruments. Now we can find them more readily whenever the mood to jam might strike us, which is often. From birth Silas has been a musical being, finding the rhythm in everything from the coffee grinder to the snow plow driving by, and dancing accordingly. It is a predisposition that I am most pleased to nurture.

The Spring issue of Rhythm of the Home is out today and it looks like another beautiful offering. I'm honored to have the tutorial for my music banner included.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful little spot for Silas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful nook! Happy jamming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silas is so blessed to have you for a mama Courtney. What a wonderful area for him to express his musical creativity and just have fun. And congratulations on your post in ROTH, you are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spot! Some day we'll have more space for something like that... And I have to bookmark your tutorial - I LOVE that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful nook! I'm totally stealing this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you have me inspired....how lovely for him. Love the cork hook too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet. music is such an important part of life for growing children. I love your banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Courtney! I LOVE it!!! I can hear the music from here. What a great idea with the wine corks, I have plenty of those around!

    ReplyDelete