Yarn Along


Popping in very quickly to join in on the Yarn Along. My niece's Christmas hat is 13 rows shy of completion and I'll soon be casting on a hat for Steve. The poor fellow is used to having his gift at the end of the queue, but I don't think he's ever had to wait this long before. For reading, I picked up these three books from the library on our last visit, but haven't yet had a chance to dive in. I've discovered that Silas is much more keen on the idea of allowing mama to get books for herself if we ride the elevator upstairs to the nonfiction section and he's allowed to push the buttons. Silas and I are out the door for a play date at the Children's Museum. Will there be a nap today? Who knows!

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some great books- excited to hear what you think. Have a fun playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elevators and escalators are wonderful things for mamas when we are out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck getting in to your books. :) and the yarn you have in the photo looks so cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started 15 Minutes Outside too! (Just as in I am partway into the forward.) I'm really excited to read it and looking forward to hearing your thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that yarn looks so nice! have fun at your playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books, I got Imagine Childhood for Christmas and will hopefully break it open in a week or two. Hope you had a great play date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so curious about the natural wooden toys book. Is that a how too book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's written by a mama and it's very recent...2011 I think.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a good haul from the library! I just got Imagine Childhood from our library but haven't had a chance either. I remember many trips to the children's museum when mine were little. Hope you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So often I forget to read what I bring home from the library... hope you find time to read soon!

    ReplyDelete