Weekending


This weekend was cold, gray, rainy, and foggy...all words that Silas has now added to his vocabulary. Saturday was eggs goldenrod, a full pot of coffee, and many books read under the covers on the couch. This is Silas' current favorite, much to Steve's chagrin; he's easily frustrated by repetition, which is, of course, the very bones of most children's stories. My little boy who so very rarely gets sick has the sniffles and was in bed and asleep by 8:30, a rare occurrence in this house. I'll be honest, I didn't know what to do with myself in those evening hours. I've become so accustomed to having one solitary hour with Steve before Silas has his first waking that I didn't know what to do with three of them.

Sunday added icy rain and more bitter cold to the mix. Another day spent indoors. Papa and little boy spent the afternoon playing while mama did some long anticipated crafting. Then chicken noodle soup for all and early bedtimes. There are only three days left of January and the clock is counting down to a second birthday. Oh, my.

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being.

6 comments:

  1. It is funny how when they sleep longer than expected we don't know what to do with ourselves :)

    And two, wow!!! Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you little man is well soon and able to really enjoy turning two [already?].
    I wish it were cold here, spring in January just feels wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe it's almost been 2 years already? I remember when you announced that you were pregnant-- it seems only months ago, yet also a lifetime before now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds much like our weekend! Rain and runny noses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got more of the yuk weather than we did, but I admit to spending my fair share of time on the sofa under a blanket just because it's pleasant to do so every once in a while. I can't believe that someone is so close to two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hopefully your sweet boy is on the mend and already feeling better!

    ReplyDelete