Lotus Hat




Third Christmas hat complete! Finally! It's a Lotus Hat knit in Berroco Vintage in fuchsia. The woman who wrote the pattern named it as such because she thought that it looked like a lotus blossom at the crown. I have to admit that I don't quite see it. To me, it looks more like a Spirograph hat, but it's pretty all the same.

As for reading, I'm further exploring my burgeoning interest in Reggio with Poking, Pinching, and Pretending. Kylie at How We Montessori recently posted about how her reading list has shifted from parenting blogs to books written for early childhood educators. My hand practically shot up in the air and I almost shouted "Me too!" when I read her post. For me, these books are filled with such practical information and they are written in a more level-headed tone, making them seem far more useful than other things that I've read. My current book is very slim and it's a recording of Reggio teachers' observations of how toddlers interact with clay. It's fascinating. I think I'm going to propose to my play group that we get a big slab of clay, put it on a table and just let the kids go to town. Wouldn't that be fun?

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

12 comments:

  1. I think I found the PERFECT project for my daughter's Sunday School teacher; she loves hats. Thanks. Your lotus hat turned out very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a beautiful hat! the traveling stitches are perfect and I love the slouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, both the pattern and the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hat is just adorable and what a great color on you!

    I think a lump of clay would be great for your playgroup. I use to put clay or spray cream all over the table for my babies to play in, they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love the color.
    Clay day at playgroup would be so much fun. Be sure to tell us how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat! And yes a huge lump of clay would be fabulous...take pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking hat, I like the way it's a little bit 'slouchy' without having too much volume.
    Beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see it either, but it's a beautiful hat and looks great on you. That's all that matters, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hat! I know she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! The color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete