Yarn Along: Christmas Knitting


It's December twelfth. Did you know that? Not only is this the last repeating date that we'll see in our lifetime (12-12-12), we're also halfway to Christmas. Wow. I really need to step it up if I'm going to get all the hand-knitted gifts I have planned completed in time. Right now, I'm working on the first of four, but they're all relatively small and simple, so I'm remaining optimistic. 

My reading has been very child-focused and Waldorf-inspired as of late. I recently finished Heaven on Earth and am almost through You Are Your Child's First Teacher. I found them both to be incredibly inspiring and would give the pair an enthusiastic thumbs up. They're on my list to purchase some day for future referencing.

If you're here for the yarn along, then you have probably already seen this, but if you haven't checked it out yet, please do. Ginny has set up a really wonderful raffle with all the benefits benefiting the DeNardo family, who have been evicted and are spending these last weeks before Christmas trying to find a new place to live for their family of seven. You can read their story here. Although I don't know Lisa well, we've been readers of each others blogs for years and in the few email exchanges that we've had she has always been warm, kind, and incredibly generous with her time and advice. I'm so grateful to Ginny for setting up this opportunity to give them a helping hand. Even though our community here is virtual, time and time again I've been blown away by the very real ways that we have joined forces to help each other out in very real and tangible ways. So, check out the raffle. The minimum donation is only five dollars and you have a chance to win some truly amazing prizes.

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

8 comments:

  1. can you believe how quickly this month has gone? crazy.
    i love the colorways you are using. so cool feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your knitting! I'm working away on mine too...nearly there! Then a bit of sewing and salve making and treat making and and and....only twelve more days!! I think I can do it though. Your reading sounds great, I have both of those on my to-read list as well. Visiting through the Yarn Along, xo Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting looks so Christmassy, comforting and cozy.

    Thank you for the book recommendation - will deffo check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful knitting, my friend! Sorry my face hasn't been around much, busy days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the Christmas knitting, I have no doubt you will get it all finished up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yarn is beautiful, but what are you making? I'm sure you'll make it! And if not then just blame it on poopy diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh geesh...half way there. Yikes! Hope you get it all done! Love the give away. What a wonderful way to share a little of the holiday spirit. I have found this virtual community of ours to be one full of love and warmth. I hope this family finds some for themselves.

    ReplyDelete