Weekending


This weekend was...

A little bit of grumpiness as we all struggled to get on the same page. Scones, bacon, and coffee were a welcome remedy.
Our continued journey to potty independence. It's a good thing I got a whole stack of blue training pants and a blue potty. It is Silas' current color of choice so questions like, "would you like to sit on the blue potty or the frog potty?" or "would you like to wear the blue pants or the white pants?" are met with an enthusiastic "BLUE!"
In stereotypical toddler fashion, having a blast playing with all the packing material and boxes that arrive with frequency on our doorstep this time of year.

Sunday was a bit of a lost day as I spent the entirety of it sick and in bed. Steve did a wonderful job of stepping in to solo parent for the day and popped his head in through the bedroom doorway often to say, "I just don't know how you do it." I was able to emerge in the evening for a little chicken soup, but then pretty much went straightaway back to bed. As I poke my head into the kitchen and see all the catch-up work waiting for me there I am reminded of how much I hate getting sick. 

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being.

10 comments:

  1. Yuck. We have been sharing sicknesses around here as well. Hope you are feeling better! And glad that Steve was home and able to step in. I feel like that is always good for the dads... to spend a day in the mama's shoes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling much better Courtney, being sick is no fun ever, but with a wee one it's even worse.
    A trick I used for potty training was putting Cheerios in the potty and having my boy's 'sink' them if you know what I mean; they loved it, making part of the training a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better! have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Courtney! Our weekends are very similar, it sounds like. LOTS of grumpiness over here (I am hoping it is just illness related and not a total personality transplant! Where did my sweet girl go?), and me and my Steve have the illness bug too! But we have to keep going, don't we?

    We had Christmas parcels and soup too :)

    Hang in there and feel much beter soon. Enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are on the mend! Sorry you felt so crummy! Little man is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry to hear about you being ill on sunday. it's always hard when mama is down for the count :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel better soon! Glad you were ill on a day when your husband was home, that was lucky if being lucky sick is such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate how the things pile up when mama is sick. I do hope you are feeling better and don't have too much catch up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you were sick. Why is it that everything crumbles when mama gets sick. It would seem we are the only ones who can make the household function. I'm glad you got to stay in bed, I never get to stay in bed when I get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuk! I hope you are feeling better! I say give the kids the packing material and don't worry about a present. The packing material is a present at that age.

    ReplyDelete