Pebble


Well, here it is. Silas' little Pebble vest. I finished it up and we had our little photo shoot about a month ago when it was still warm (although, the last couple days have been even warmer--it's very March-like here right now). When I pulled it out that morning he immediately started shaking his head and vehemently saying, "Nononononon!" I'm not sure how he knew that it I was going to try and put it on him, but oh, he knew. We soldiered on through the tears and, with a promise that we could go outside to play, he submitted to the torture of wearing this little mama-knit vest.

I love this pattern. It was easy and quick to knit. I think the button-up-the-side design might be more helpful for use on a younger child. Because he was so squirmy (and I had to add an extra button round to make it long enough) and I chose buttons that are too small, it was a bit difficult to put on and have it stay on. I think we'll try an over-the-head vest pattern next. I used Knit One Crochet Too's Paint Box yarn in the colorway Adobe Rose. I got it on clearance when they closed out the color and really like the soft gradations in reds and browns. Perfect for fall. It's super soft, but the yarn kept breaking while I was knitting even thought I was being very conscious of not pulling it too tightly. Oh well. We made it through. I see many vests in our future and hopefully we get some cold weather to go along with them!







Joining Ginny at Small Things.

12 comments:

  1. what a sweet vest!! Love the colors. Sorry he fights it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pebble turned out lovely! it is such a great pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks adorable on him! Great job, Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks lovely wearing it, goes great with stripy pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet every single time he smiles you do too. I think he has an infectious smile! Lovely vest and looks great for this type of warm/cold weather we are having!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look just like autumn! Looks like the tears were very short lived - what a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great looking vest on Master Silas, he is quite the model!
    I love the 6th photo, what did he spy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good looking model you have there. Those colors are great for him. He'll appreciate it when the cold weather sticks around for a bit and when he's older, he will love it more because you made it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely Courtney and looks great on him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love the Pebble! My little one is wearing his every day (he is too young yet to assert his opinion about the matter!). Yours turned out beautifully and your little man looks very stylish in it. I wrote up some notes on knitting the pattern in the round--they're up on ravelry if you want a cheat sheet http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SunnyChicken/pebble-henrys-manly-cobblestone-inspired-baby-vest-2. I think there's a sized up in-the-round version out there somewhere, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww...one of my favorite patterns! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's lovely - might add it to my queue for my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete