Dried Hydrangea Wreath



I'm completely obsessed with wreaths right now. My grandmother was a professional floral arranger and she made a beautiful one out of pine cones that I associate heavily with this time of year. When I saw this season's Viva Terra catalog, I was blown away by all the beautiful options. I considered doing a DIY  version with succulents, herbs, and pussy willow (this one might actually come to fruition this spring), but the thing I already hand on hand was dried hydrangea. So dried hydrangea it was. I didn't get at all fancy with it. Silas and I just hot glued the cut stems to a large embroidery hoop, hung it on the wall, and called it good. This is the third hot-glue-and-embroidery-hoop project I've done lately (the others were the spring wreath and maple seed mobile). I love those things. So many possibilities!

4 comments: