30 Days of Gratitude: Days Nine, Ten, & Eleven

Sleep

We are getting precious little sleep around here thanks to a couple of cuspids that are emerging, so I am grateful for every single moment of rest that comes my way. Many times I've thought about the advice I would give to a young me and at the very top of that list is to enjoy those days of easy and plentiful rest. They are fleeting. I am also incredibly grateful to be able to stay home so that in this season of wakefulness I can take full advantage of naps and I don't have to rush to be anywhere in the morning. Oh, how I admire those mamas who balance motherhood with a job outside the home! I honestly don't know how they do it. And while we're at it, I'm grateful for nursing, Hyland's Teething Tablets, my rocking chair, co-sleeping, chamomile tea, and anything else that has helped to coax a bit more sleep from my little one.

This is the season of giving thanks. In an attempt to keep my daily gratitude practice at the forefront of my mind, I hope to post here a daily simplicity for which I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wonderful sleep. I think I've been doing enough for everyone over the last week...and it still wasn't enough. Hope you get plenty of rest!

    ReplyDelete