30 Days of Gratitude: Day Seven


Fall Gardens

It can hardly be called a "garden," really;  just enough lettuce for a salad or two, a handful of beets, and some Swiss chard. It's the first time I've planted anything in the fall and I wish that I had known sooner how easy it is! It's all the goodness of spring without the pests. In these weeks after the close of our CSA season, I'm grateful for these few bites of homegrown produce, but I'm even more grateful for the added gardening confidence and the plans for next year that are already brewing.

This is the season of giving thanks. In an attempt to keep my daily gratitude practice at the forefront of my mind, I hope to post here a daily simplicity for which I am grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Chard is so easy to grow! You should throw in some dragon carrots too. Those are the purple ones. Carrots take almost no tending too. I wish I weren't moving right now. I love fall gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love growing stuff in the fall, especially chard. it is so easy to grow and so dang yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had every good intention of making a fall garden- glad you are enjoying yours-

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are enjoying a little bit of goodness in our garden still, but next year I am full on the fall garden, there will be so much going into the ground, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete