30 Days of Gratitude: Day Four


Weekend Breakfasts

I always love breakfast, but when I get to share some pancakes or French toast with Steve, it's bliss. The tradition grew out of conflict, to be honest. Steve's idea of a relaxing morning/afternoon/evening has historically been to spend it snuggled up on the couch watching TV. I am all for the snuggling, but we clashed about the TV. I find sitting in front of the tube seriously boring. So, we made a compromise. On Saturday mornings, the TV would stay off and we would spend the time in the kitchen together, trading off who would play chef, talking about our week, and wrapping our fingers around mugs of hot coffee. These days it's a bit less languid as we chase Silas from room to room and the TV is off all the time now. But, I still spend my entire week looking forward to getting up on Saturday morning and sharing breakfast with my loves.

This is the season of giving thanks. In an attempt to keep my daily gratitude practice at the forefront of my mind, I hope to post here a daily simplicity for which I am grateful.

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the compromise you and Steve made, I would look forward to Saturday's too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marriage is compromise but everyone wins :) Lovely tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet way to start your weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those weekend breakfasts are the best. It's such a wonderful chance to reconnect after the craziness of the week.

    ReplyDelete