30 Days of Gratitude: Day Eight



Noticing

Silas burst out of the front door today as if he'd been caged inside for weeks. The shining sun and the sudden warmth were enough to lure us outside without coats for a few minutes of stomping around the yard. His little eyes notice, and inspire him to comment on, everything; pebbles, leaves, moss, water, and every spot he's ever seen a squirrel. He moves in fits and starts, from one point of interest to the next and he shows me so much that I would have missed without his keen observation. I'm grateful to be along for the ride.

This is the season of giving thanks. In an attempt to keep my daily gratitude practice at the forefront of my mind, I hope to post here a daily simplicity for which I am grateful.

5 comments:

  1. it's wonderful to view life through the eyes of a young one. we should all do it often! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they just soak up every moment, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wonder of that age is so amazing. It's a phenomenal ride...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having two babies makes it really interesting for me because the V the baby notices everything still. Every rock is awesome, but S my three year old has begun to step into her imagination and doesn't often stop to look at all the rocks anymore. She usually tells stories about what she sees.

    ReplyDelete