Yarn Along | Pebble


Five months? Has it really been five months since I've knitted anything? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I prefer wool over cotton and no part of me really wanted to be doing anything with wool in the heat of the summer, especially this past one. But, as the season turned, and we started to be able to see our breaths in the morning as we waved bye-bye to Papa from the front steps, I found myself sorting through my stash in search of enough yardage to make a little vest for Silas. Something to keep his little core warm on these chilly October mornings. I decided to give the Pebble a try and I had just enough of this wonderful red and brown yarn to knit it up. I'm just 15 rows shy of being done and it looks a hair small, but Silas is also a skinny Minnie and I'm consistently surprised by how narrow his clothes need to be to fit him well. I think it's a winner.

Joining Ginny.

9 comments:

  1. i bet it will fit and you could always block the daylights out of it. That is the magical cure for mis fit knits :) Lovely yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yarn! It will look great on Silas and like Karen said, block the dickens out of it and you'll be fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pattern and yarn . Great blog !

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like the cooler weather of fall for knitting :) I love your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour, can't wait to see it on him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wool is divine - I hope it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely warm looking colour for an autumn pebble vest. Hope it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Pebble pattern is so addictive! You chose such a lovely colorway for it. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from the yarn along. What a great looking fall color you've chosen. I was most definitely too hot to knit this summer. I did make a couple of Miranda Hats for the Project Stash KAL, but I think that was the extent of my knitting in the heat.

    ReplyDelete