Our Days | Black Walnuts


This Morning: In response to the frosty early morning air, I pulled down my box of pre-pregnancy fall and winter shirts. In it I found a brand new top that I purchased before I got pregnant and then never got to wear because it didn't fit. Slipping it on was like Christmas. The little guy has found the "on" button for the TV. If he climbs on top of his train table and reeeaaaches around to the back, he can push it. This is, of course, his new favorite game. When he's not doing that, he climbs up onto the arm of the chair to play with the buttons on the radio. In response to all the climbing, we headed out to story time early this morning so that he could play on the playground equipment for a bit.

This Afternoon: Gathering black walnuts from the yard, as well as anything else that caught his fancy, and tossing them in the wagon. Then inventing a game in which he parked the wagon on a hill and then rolled the walnuts up against the incline and tried to catch them as they rolled back to him. Then deciding to take a bite out of a walnut husk. Discovering that it is not a tasty snack.

7 comments:

  1. It's always a wonderful surprise to find forgotten clothes tucked away!

    Your Silas reminds me so much of my oldest son. He was the son that pushed me to my limits on everything. In October he is getting married and to me he should still be Silas's size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you on the clothes find. Wish that would happen here...which reminds me I need some fall/winter clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember those climbing days..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can only imagine his face when he bit the walnut....icky! We have them in our yard and when Frodo comes across one he sort of leaps thinking it's an animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the climbing! Such fun, keeps a mama busy though. Congrats on your "new" top, what a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your little guy is getting so big. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved to see the expression on his face after that bite of walnut. "New clothes" that are found are the best...no guilt involved.

    ReplyDelete