Hummingbird Dance


This Morning: Awaking to "meowmeowmeow" coming from the little person lying next to me...a shared Denver omelet on the front steps as we watched the show the hummingbirds put on for us...buzzing far too close to the little one's head as far as this mama was concerned, but he seemed delighted...a half dozen trips around the house in the little red wagon...napping to the "taptaptap" of the roofer's hammer next door.

This Afternoon: Squishing, kneading, (and yes, eating) homemade playdough...listening to this song 20 times (I do not exaggerate)...roasting eggplant and making Baba Ganoush for a dinner of veggies and dips...beginning the long, but oh so necessary, job of going through and purging my collection of fiction...today I made it through the "B's". J.G. Ballard did not make the cut.

10 comments:

  1. Purging books is so hard. I've been doing a lot of that lately!

    I like the new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard! But, it must be done. I've established a pretty ruthless rubric for what I get to keep and I'm having a hard time sticking to it!

      Delete
  2. Love your shadows - looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Silas has recently discovered shadows and was having a good time playing with them.

      Delete
  3. A good day from the sounds of it. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely day! I have the hardest time purging books...I feel like I'm cheating - I know, weird. I usually take them to the local library for the book sale...then I feel like they might find a new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I can't sell I also donate to the library. Hopefully they will find someone to love them!

      Delete