Weekending


This weekend was filled with the hustle and bustle of travel.
We packed up on Saturday morning and headed to Steve's parents' house where he worked on their computers and Silas spent time with his grandparents.
Their backyard is a bit of a magical woodland filled with enough squirrels, chipmunks, birds, and bunnies to keep my little guy signing all weekend; delighted with these creatures.
Steve got to introduce Silas to his favorite childhood pizza place and I tasted my first slice of peach pie.
After a rainy drive home, we reconnected around the dinner table, heating the kitchen against the drizzling rain with batches of cookies and banana bread.

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! Silas makes me smile... I would have loved to watch him watch the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect weekend. Wishing you a week to match it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good and peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a good weekend! i love baking when it's grey and rainy, helps me to feel extra cozy in my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weekend! I bet Silas' grandparents were in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Courtney,I am curious...your first slice of peach pie this season or ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not proud to admit it, but it was my first slice of peach pie ever. We were not a pie eating family when I was growing up. :)

      Delete