CSA | Winging It


This week, we forged ahead without a menu, meaning that with one exception, these are all old standbys. But that makes them no less delicious. In our box was: turnips, purple potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, summer squash, onions, garlic, peppers, cucumber, watermelon, and carrots.

Last week's kale, potatoes, and onions went into our favorite Zuppa Toscana.


Always a family favorite.

I bought some papparadelle on sale ages ago and finally mixed it with some shredded carrot, arugula, parsley, dill, and ricotta for a summery pasta dish.


The one new dish this week was a gazpacho made from sungold tomatoes. I blended a couple different recipes, but this one is closest to what I ended up using. This used up quite a bit of our produce and was very flavorful and fresh. It was served with cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, which made us feel very fancy while we ate them.


Lasagna was a last minute decision. I threw in just the basics: some leftover sausage, carrots, peppers, garlic, and onion.


And a week of standbys wouldn't be complete without fried rice. Yum.


What about you? What are you cooking up this week?

8 comments:

  1. Yummy, everything looks delicious. I'm not a huge fan of gazpacho, but this recipe looks great. Basically you had me at the word sungold. We call those candy tomatoes around here. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that produce looks so colourful, and as always your meals look so delicious!
    We planted way to much swiss chard this year and i'm running out of recipes. Got any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you were ever inspired you should open up a restaurant or a B&B....I think every meal would be beyond delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your weekly CSA posts, always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come live at your house...or at least come for dinner. ;) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a useful CSA box. I love when the whole box can be used with stand by recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my goodness, your meals look amazing!

    ReplyDelete