Weekending


This weekend the 84 degree days felt gloriously cool after the heatwave of the past week. We threw the windows open wide, ate every meal on the porch and played in the park.
Saturday started early. The weekly trek to the Farmer's Market where we picked up our CSA share as well as some sweet corn for lunch. Papa and Silas shared an egg breakfast while we sat in the park and listened to a band play Irish music. Flutes and fiddles. Onlookers thought Silas' dancing was adorable. (I tended to agree.) Home for a challenging nap. Those molars are just about to poke through. I hope.
Sunday found us sleeping in just a hair longer, much to mama's relief. Pancake breakfast. An afternoon of Papa and Silas at the park and mama at home with craft projects and writing projects and chocolate and a cold glass of wine. Reuniting. DinnerBathNursingSleepDishesSweepingBed.

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being.

10 comments:

  1. yucky molars. i found homeopathy to be really helpful for my kids when molars were coming. hope you and s get some relief soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekends always sound so wonderful.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely- do hope those molars make their appearance sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molars are no fun! And I had easy teethers. Hoping they cut through soon. And wine and chocolate sounds like a great way to enjoy the weekend. We love the Celtic festivals in the area (there is a large Irish dancing community here, too, so live music is accompanied by live dancing). There's something about Irish and folk music that makes kids want to get down. I'm sure Silas was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that your heat wave broke, I wish ours would,but really this is typical for here. My 14 year old loves Irish music and still dances to it, don't tell! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely weekend. I love pancake breakfasts. We usually do pancake wednesdays. I prep the pancakes the night before so they are ready to go in the morning. I have the routine so down that I can make pancakes for four plus coffe in ten minutes! I do a soaked spelt flour pancake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather here is finally tolerable. I do hope his molars cut in lickety quick and naptimes are easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the sweet relief of the end of a heat wave! We were lucky to be able to open our windows again too.
    You've just inspired me to make sure that I get 20 minutes to myself this week...with wine and chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo! Looks just like a painting.

    ReplyDelete