Tomatoes on the Vine


One of the benefits of Silas' 6:30 a.m. wake-up call is that we can get outside for a bit before it gets so unbearably hot. We let the dog out. Refill the birdbath. Walk around the yard discussing the upcoming day. Silas points to various spots in the yard and we go to check them out and look for pine cone and bird feather treasures. I have, as of yet, been unable to discern his method for choosing locations, but I'm sure he has a logic all his own. We also check on our tiny little garden. The Roma tomatoes have been hanging heavy on the vine for weeks now, but only yesterday did they start to blush. Time to dust off the ol' canning equipment, me thinks.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting! I'm trying to be patient, but I am so ready for tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful. Sadly our tomatoes are gone for the season and it's one thing we can't seem to grow in the fall. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Our tomatoes have been turning colour this week and we have been enjoying a few. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog trying to bring up on my own ( Tomatoes on the Vine). You and I share the same dream of owning some land, living simply and sustaining ourselves. I am looking forward to the days of chickens, bees and goats.

    Your tomatoes on your vine look divine. Here in North Florida, I said goodbye to my tomato crop with the passing tropical storm Debbie and the close too 100 degree temps each day.

    Have a great weekend.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete