Yarn Along


Knitting: Very close to completion on the Amerie cowl. I had a solid hour of car knitting during our trip to the grandparents' on Sunday, which helped tremendously. It also helped that Silas is now able to ride in the car for more than fifteen minutes without breaking down into tears and that he's able to fall asleep in the car without my nursing him in the car seat. Progress!

Reading: Still making my way through The Voluntourist. He just left Ecuador where he was helping to collect data to see how climate change is affecting the rain forest and arrived in Israel where he is heading to a Palestine refugee camp. He's not the best writer that I've ever encountered, but his journey is still pretty fascinating.

Joining Ginny at Small Things

11 comments:

  1. My little one is not a fan of carrides either :(
    I just love the colour of that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And before you know it Sila's will be driving You around!
    The cowl looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl looks beautiful! My son was terrible in the car until he was 2 years old. Even then when he had enough he would fling toys up to the front of the car....what a stinker. Now that he is 19 he just sleeps away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car rides make for some great knitting time. I'm usually the driver though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! I remember those car rides and nursing in the car seat...it's amazing what we can accomplish when we need to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cowl looks great, it's just the loveliest colour! There seems to be quite a bit of car knitting going on in this weeks yarn along's, it's all those great knitting minds thinking/doing alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cowl. And yay for Silas! He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that colour. Yay for the car and Silas becoming friends...Reece was the same in the car, hated every minute of it. He is much better now and actually asks to go for a drive sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear I'm not the only one whose kids aren't soothed by the car. Sometimes it seems like I am...I will never forget the 10 hour drive to my brother's wedding when Evan was 6 weeks, colicky, and hating the car. Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courtney,
    That yarn is so beautiful! I love the color. It reminds me of fall.

    Love, Taryn

    ReplyDelete