Weekending


This weekend was...

a frenetic morning where Steve and I had to divide and conquer in order to get everything done.
He headed to the Farmer's Market alone while I packed and got the house ready for our two day absence.
We got on the road, headed north for a family reunion, two hours past our target time, which we still considered a success. Silas took the long car ride in stride.
Five minutes after getting out of the car in my hometown we had swimsuits on and were headed to the pool
(where I worked as a teenager) for my little guy to take his very first swim. My fish.
Surprise slips under the water didn't phase him. He just wiped his face off and got right back in.
Then back to grandma and grandpa's house to dry off and snuggle and head to bed 2 hours past bedtime.

He did not sleep in 2 hours at the other end, though. Up at 7:00 with a full day ahead. Lots of playing, baking, napping, and visiting. Seeing family we haven't seen since last year. This time Silas absolutely reveled in the crowd, falling head-over-heels in love with his cousins and helping grandpa break down tables and put them away. A long drive, but that breath of relief upon walking through the door. Home.

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being.

I was also over at Little Homestead in the Desert this weekend, visiting with the lovely KC.

14 comments:

  1. How wonderful that he enjoyed the water - I am having such a hard time getting my little one to not be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so happy to hear Silas loves the water. Reece likes the water, but don't get his head wet or else :)

    Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend filled with love. Enjoy your week Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting and good weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great weekend! Silas is definitely your water baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that you had a weekend filled with family love and Silas has a chance to get to know more of his family. Love that he is a fish, all my babies were too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love water babies! mine have all enjoyed the pool. i find that they never sleep late the morning after a big day but the next, they sleep late and i get coffee in a quiet house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silas always looks so busy! what happy times he has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post reads like poetry. Sounds like a beautiful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post! What a fun time. Enjoying family is always wonderful; watching my kids play with their extended families is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am amazed that he is not afraid of water, that's so neat! I love family reunions, it's a great way to catch up with the family (otherwise it's weddings or funerals!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a Silas too! Aren't they the best?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a Silas too! Aren't they the best?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first time S went under she said get me out. I'm glad he had no problem going under! V on the other hand loves bath time to no end so i assume when we go to the ocean in july we'll spend majority of time at the beach! I'm so glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If they go to bed a few hours late, they will sleep in a few hours late... never happens, does it!?! So glad you had a nice visit with your family and that Silas enjoyed the water as much as he did.

    ReplyDelete