Weekending


This weekend was...

Macaroons for breakfast? Don't mind if I do. An early-morning coffee to my right and a loosely folded newspaper to my left, led me to fantasize that I was at a French cafe. Call me Lilou. 
Papa limped through the Farmer's Market with an injured toe, still doing an admirable job of chasing around the Little Bug.
We brought home this week's produce (and some wool for mama, shhhh), stowed it in the 'fridge, and took naps in the warm breeze.
My major accomplishment of the day was cleaning the leftovers out of the refrigerator and getting things that needed to be frozen into the freezer. Laundry. Dishes. Dinner.

Steve took the morning shift on Father's Day, letting mama get an extra hour of rest after a restless night. I think they may have watched Silas' first episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. It was apparently a big hit. The rest of the day was Papa/Silas time with the two of them headed to the park and me left behind with two hours of my very own to write. Bliss for all involved.

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being

10 comments:

  1. Lilou - It sounds like a lovely weekend and, other than an injured toe, it appears that Steve had a wonderful Father's Day with Silas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely weekend indeed! Happy Father's Day Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love that for breakfast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy father's day!!! Your weekend sounds great, I hope your husband's foot gets better and YAY for Mr. Rogers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a fun weekend! glad you got some you time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Lilou I would love in to join you for breakfast, that looks wonderfully yummy.
    Wool at your farmer's market? I am so envious!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour Lilou! sounds like fathers day was enjoyed by all. Your 'petit déjeuner' looks delicious. I live in France and I don't get macaroons that look that yummy for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's sounds lovely. I'll join you at that French cafe any day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a joyous weekend. I think a macaroon for breakfast is a fine idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at, "macaroons for breakfast"... :)
    Such a nice weekend, indeed!

    ReplyDelete