Vacation Swap



Tracey at Clover had the wonderful idea of doing a vacation swap. The idea is that you are paired up with an individual who lives in a different state or country and then you send them things that share what makes your home unique. My package from Kim at Mothering with Mindfulness arrived yesterday and Silas and I had so much fun going through it. Kim, I owe you an email! Thank you so much for all that you sent! We've had great fun looking at all the pictures and reading about the fun things to do where you are. Canada is one of those places that I've never been, but would love to visit. It is so close, that there really is no reason not to. Above, Silas is demonstrating his flag waving, an activity of which he is now an expert.

I, of course, am far less organized, so my package of things from the prairie is sitting by my door waiting to make its trip to the post office. It will be to you soon, Kim, I promise!

11 comments:

  1. Courtney, thank you for participating, I'm glad you had a fun time. While my husband and sons have been to Canada, like you, I haven't either, but one day I will make it! What a pretty country our neighbor is, isn' it? I love the photo of Silas with the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always thought this would be such a fun experience!do you stay in each others homes or each others home town?
    i've heard about switching houses which sounds like fun except....i would have major cleaning & decluttering! i look forward to learning more about your adventure~
    oh that silas.....i just wanna squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish that it were an actual trip! Alas, it is just a virtual one. :)I too have heard of the physical vacation swaps where you actually stay in each other's homes and I've always thought that it sounds like a really fun idea. Although, with all the cleaning I'd have to do, I don't know how much of a vacation it would be. :)

      Delete
  3. That´s a great idea, seems like fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you got it!!! Love the picture of Silas with the flag.

    And you know you have a place to stay if you ever want to venture this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool! How did I miss this one? what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea, especially with kids around! What a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Fun! Isn't that puzzle great? I've been to western Canada but now I too have an excuse to go to eastern Canada. What a fun idea a vacation swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shh....don't feel bad....I haven't mailed mine either. Looks like you got a lot of cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete