Pants!








Silas has new pants! I resolved to clear off the sewing machine from all the junk that it's collected over the past months and make something. When I was cleaning out my dresser and found this old shirt of mine that I haven't worn in six years, I knew what that something would be.

I followed the tutorial in The Creative Family. I've wanted to do this project ever since I first heard about it years ago and I have to say, I find myself inspired. The results were so good and virtually instantaneous; it only took me 15 minutes and half that time was spent chasing Silas around. This is the kind of sewing that I can get into right now: useful, fun, and quick enough that I can do it while Silas is awake and engaged in an activity. Love.

16 comments:

  1. great pants and silas is a perfect little model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! They turned out beautifully. Wish I had thought of this when my boys were little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great! baby pants are so fun and easy to make... sort of addicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You did a great job! I have a feeling that you'll be making some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You will have to help me make these - they are something I would happily buy for Will to run around it! Christina G

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so cute on him. I'm glad you had a chance to finally make them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! I need to clean off the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute--good work! Repurposed baby pants are one of my favorite things to make, too--so satisfying, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute pants. I couldn't help but notice the black raspberries in the pictures with a bit of envy. They're my favorite berry ever, but I'll have to wait a couple more years, since we just planted starts this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love when I can make clothes for my kids in 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those turned out great and look so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pants are absolutely adorable! What a great way to give new life to an old t-shirt! Sewing for a toddler must be way fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turned out So cute! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was one of my first sewing projects! So simple and they look darling. I love the stripes you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great one! I'm going to have to hit the T-shirt isle while thrifting now! :)

    ReplyDelete