Yarn Along


Sorry for the radio silence yesterday. We had a morning play date and I have realized that getting anywhere before noon requires a lot of effort. A lot of effort. It was a good trip though. Mamas talked about homeschooling and babes ate strawberries, figured out how to open doors (!), and played outside.

Knitting: Still chugging away on the Amerie. It's going well and relatively quickly. I think I'm just going to keep knitting until I run out of yarn. It might be right on the mark.

Reading: I'm almost done with Beyond the Sling and have picked up The Voluntourist as well as the new issue of Taproot. The former is the story of a man who is struggling to accept that he will never be a father. He feels that not having a child is keeping his life from having meaning, so he decides to do a bunch of volunteer work around the world to find his purpose. So far he's been to post-Katrina New Orleans, Costa Rica, and China. It's a pretty incredible journey.

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

13 comments:

  1. Your Amerie is progressing beautifully. Are you going to have to childproof the doorknobs now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty knitting on the Amerie Courtney and I love the color!
    What an inspiring book The Voluntourist must be to read and one I think I would like to guys to read.
    Oh, socks on the doorknobs so the handles won't turn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Voluntourist sounds like a great read. I'm putting it on my list. I love the color yarn you are using for Amerie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds very interesting about seeing infertility from a man's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great contrast of colours in your photo today. I'm looking forward to my Taproot when it finally arrives - I hope it's a bit slower to get to me because I'm overseas rather than it being lost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite knits are the ones that leave no yarn :) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it funny how such a simple sounding task as getting out of the house before noon turns into a task that requires so much effort once you enter motherhood?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that color! I am still amazed at how long it takes us to get out of the house sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely color and the The Voluntourist sounds like a good read for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sounds like a great read, adding it to my list. And that colour, gorgeous!

    Sounds like a great playdate too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the color of your yarn. Stopping by from Ginny's. You checked in below me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Playdates are always fun! Loving the orange yarn!! I'm enjoying my issue of Taproot, as well. I'll have to check out these other reads on my Nook~ thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss my mornings of baby playdates. With #2, those moments don't really happen. I love your yarn!!

    ReplyDelete