Yarn Along


Knitting: I'll be honest. As of last night, I had still only just cast on. But, Steve had to head back into work after dinner, so I used the time to get a couple of inches done on the Amerie. I like it! It's a very simple two row pattern. Although, simple as it is, I think I'll still reserve this for when the little guy is sleeping. I have a really hard time multi-tasking with knitting and I inevitably make mistakes. Hopefully, there is more sleeping time in our future than there has been in our recent past. I don't know if it's teething or what, but Silas has been restless the last few nights, up every 10 minutes or so. Teething medicine doesn't work, he doesn't want to nurse, he doesn't want to rock, he kinda wants to be held, but not really. We are some tired parents this week.

Reading: While putting some other books away I came across my copy of Guarding the Moon by Francesca Lia Block. I started reading it before I was pregnant, but it really didn't resonate with me, but now that we have over a year of babydom behind us I find myself nodding at a lot of what she has to say. The fear, the anxiety, the all-consuming love. I was first introduced to Block when a friend gave me the Weetzie Bat books as a going-away present when I moved to Los Angeles. She said that reading them made her think that LA was a magical place. I fell in love with Block's writing style immediately. She's sort-of a modern beat poet.

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

13 comments:

  1. Oh poor Sila's and poor parents too. It's that time of year for everything to shoot up so maybe he is getting ready to go thru a growth spurt. It's so hard when they're little and they can't tell you what's wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, maybe you should sleep a little while Silas is sleeping!!
    Love the colour of the yarn, makes me think of 'nut brittle' (do you have that in the US?) yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up with teething.
    And try to relax ... when you can.

    Thousand affections from Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sleepless nights are so hard for the parents. We have had our fair share, and I know how hard it can be to motivate to do much of anything the day following one of those nights. Wishing you lots of rest in the nights to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those nights...makes for a cranky house. Hope Silas is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get some rest soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor guy! And poor mama too. I celebrated when the boys cut their last teeth - what a relief to be through with all that. I hope you all get some sleep soon and in the meantime that you can take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Silas finds his sleeping routine soon so you can get back to yours. I remember those sleepless nights vividly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the teething is with us too! Many nights of sleeplessness is taking it's toll on me, thankfully husband got up at 430am this morning with Mr 1 (because he wouldn't go back to sleep) and let me sleep till 830am!! Let's hope it all passes over soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    Popping over for the first time from Ginny's Yarn Along.
    Teething is rough. Our son is getting molars in now.. no fun!

    Love, Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, those nights, I remember, wait...we still have them every so often. The joys of parenthood. Hoping sleep finds Silas soon and that you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there mama! I remember those nights all to well. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you love and luck with Silas! Kate's had a tough week here, too. PS...I LOVE the Weetzie Bat books. I own the Dangerous Angels Series that has all of them in it... Did you know there is a sequel to that series? It's called Necklace of Kisses, and it's Weetzie as an adult. Let me know if you check it out!

    ReplyDelete