Yarn Along



New things to report on both reading and knitting fronts. Thanks to all of your wonderful advice, I've decided to make a cowl with my luxurious single skein of alpaca and I'm going with the Amerie. I was drawn to it right away, but, to be honest, the provisional cast on and the three needle BO scared me off. So I searched and searched through Ravelry and while there are tons of beautiful cowls out there, there wasn't much else that fit the weight and yardage I have. So, I'm going to close my eyes, cross my fingers and dive in. Eeek.

In the evenings I'm reading The Roof at the Bottom of the World, a historical account of the discovery of the Transantarctic Mountains. It's fascinating and the photographs are breathtaking. I used to have a very detailed fantasy of finding true love on a scientific expedition to Antarctica, which is hilarious considering I really can't handle the cold and uncharted frozen wildernesses otherwise hold no draw for me.

Joining Ginny at Small Things

12 comments:

  1. Your yarn looks so comfy! Can't wait to see your cowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you dive in, you'll see it's not so bad! At least, that's been my experience time and time again.

    Your fantasy sounds like mine where I wanted to live in Alaska. Then I remembered I don't like the cold. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of your yarn and I'm betting it's as soft as it looks~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, you can do, and like del said, once you dive in it's not bad.

    I like the sound of your book. I do like the cold which is funny as I am married to a southern, warm temperature loving man!

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alpaca is my favourite yarn to work with and wear :)
    Your's is such a beautiful colour as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like cozy yarn! The color is very similar to Phoebe's sweater that I just knit. I love that color!
    And don't be daunted... that's what youtube videos are for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am only an email away if you come into any problems. But I've seen your knitting and I think you will sail through this project! Lovely yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely yarn. And your book sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be gorgeous! You'll be fine. If I can do it, so can you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful color. I know nothing about knitting, so I'm sure I, at least, will be impressed by whatever you make. (Not sure that really matters though...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. True love in the arctic. Haha, I love it.

    I wimp out when a pattern instructs something I don't understand but when I actually research (hello, youtube) it's usually easier than I'd expected. ;) Hope that's the case for your cowl. It is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete