Weekending


This weekend was...

Our first garage sales of the season, which yielded only a few
tidbits (some fabric and a book),
early rising to go to the Farmer's Market,
a mini-picnic in the park of chorizo and eggs and breakfast burritos,
watching Silas open up like a flower when he gets a chance to explore and interact with people,
scones and blueberry iced tea for tea time, sitting out in the breeze and listening to the leaves rustle,
pans full of water and the hour of play they bring,
a breakfast out with grandpa,
the resulting late, but long, nap,
dinner of leftovers,
a quiet evening,
and staying up way too late with Steve after the little guy went to bed.

Joining Amanda at The Habit of Being.

9 comments:

  1. Blueberry iced tea sounds delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a simply delightful weekend my friend! I love farmers market season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds perfect! will you share your recipe for blueberry ice tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish that I had a wonderful recipe to share, but I'm not that creative. I just use store-bought blueberry flavored tea. ;)

      Delete
  4. I stayed up way too late last night and now am paying for it!
    Hope you had a great time at the farmer's market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to resist staying up late, isn't it? I have to say I almost always regret it...but maybe I am just saying that because we are coming out of a sleep-troubled weekend in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture to go along with what sounds like a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing weekend full of love and joy.

    ReplyDelete