Weekending


This weekend was...

Quick breakfasts of Rhubarb Buckle and a trip to the Market to pick up our first 
CSA box of the season (!), menu planning to use all its contents,
the installation of a baby gate at the head of the stairs, and the
ensuing pang in my heart at Silas' look of confusion when he tried to back down 
the stairs and found his way blocked,
finally getting our tomato and pepper plants in the ground,
the first peonies showing us their pretty faces,
a Mother's Day of French Toast,
and a full day spent in the kitchen making homemade pasta with my love and
dancing with a baby on my back...
my idea of perfection.

Happy belated Mama's Day to you all!

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being.

10 comments:

  1. sounds like a lovely relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend and I am glad you were able to get your plants in the ground. Our seasons are so very different aren't they? Making pasta sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! It looks like you had a perfect Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds perfect! glad you had such a lovely weekend-

    ReplyDelete
  5. love making homemade pasta, especially gnocchi. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Mother's Day! It sounds like you did indeed have a perfect day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really glorious weekend, enjoying your togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm, I bet your recipes are swirling around in your head on what to cook up with your CSA box! Lovely weekend and happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great weekend, I haven't gotten going on my garden yet...it's still early here in Maine so I'm ok, but I really should have some things such a peas in already...

    ReplyDelete