Yarn Along


Knitting: My accomplishments this week include rolling the yarn for the Amerie into a ball and mastering the provisional cast-on with waste yarn. Thank you youtube! Steve watched the tutorial video with me and said, "that looks like one of those things that looks more complicated than it actually is." Indeed it is. It took me several tries, especially with a squirmy toddler in my arms, but we got it figured out. Now. Knitting.

Reading: I've half-started a handful of books, but am making the most progress in Beyond the Sling by Mayim Bialik, or "Blossom," if you were watching TV in the 90s. It's a great introduction to Attachment Parenting. Bialik is straightforward about what AP actually looks like in her home while still maintaining a sense of humor. It's refreshing to read the story of an AP mom who is still in the trenches, as it were, with young children.

Linking up with Ginny at Small Things.

12 comments:

  1. I love youtube, that is how I learned to knit.
    The Amerie cowl looks so pretty Courtney, have fun knitting it.
    Have a great yarn along day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tracey...Youtube is such a great resource. I've learned so many knitting and crochet techniques from it. I don't think I'd be as comfortable with a lot of it if it weren't for all those video tutorials. The cowl is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Tube has saved my knitting life at one time or another. It's so much easier than reading directions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youtube is amazing :) I tned to shy away from unfamiliar techniques but am trying to take on some new challenegs. I could make a lot more progress if I remembered to check there first!
    I have been wanting to order that book. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blossom returns! As a mama-writer. Who would have thought! And, yes, youtube is a knitting savior!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those helpful youtube videos. They've saved me from many knitting disasters. Can't wait to see your cowl in that gorgeous orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know she wrote a book, her talents are endless and I admire her. Glad that you tube saved the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be an interesting book to read-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that orange color! And I wonder if I would have seen that author as Blossom if you hadn't mentioned it...Because you do, I recognize her perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great color for your project! I really want to read that book. I don't know that I can entirely call myself an attachment parent, but I do know that loving my kids, where they are, through everything, closely and carefully is very important to me. I'm off to the library to request it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thank my lucky stars every day for Youtube. I have been thinking about picking up this book, will be interested in more of your thoughts as you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the books sounds intriguing for sure, I'll have to check it out. gotta love youtube for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete