Yarn Along


Knitting: The Kanoko Pants are finished. Finally. Proper photos forthcoming. So, I'm searching for something to cast on. I have 83 yards of this gorgeous orange baby alpaca. Any ideas of what it should become?

Reading: I'm dividing my time between The Paper Garden and Parenting for Peace. The former is a biography of an 18th century woman. Married off at 17 to a slobbering drunk who died leaving his fortune to his niece instead of his wife, Mary has been enjoying the incredible freedom of being a widow in society. At 43, she has just married a second time, entering into the match of her own free will and is incredibly happy. It will be another 30 years until she invents multi-media collage. She is one busy lady.

The later is about the incredible power that we as parents have to shape the future generation and how the choices we make even pre-conception can have far-reaching impacts on raising children who are hard-wired for peace rather than conflict. Right now, it's discussing the importance of cultivating gratitude and positive thinking in order to live a life that is open to growth, rather than being closed because we're in defense mode. It's pretty powerful stuff.

Linking up with Ginny at Small Things.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty yarn Courtney. Did you do a Ravelry search for a pattern? That's become my new favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are thrilled to be done with the pants. I can't wait to see them on Silas. I'm sure they will be adorable!

    That yarn is yummy! I don't know if you are big on scarves, but The Big Lace Scarf (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/big-lace-scarf-2) would be pretty. It would be a little shorter than the pattern, but I think, if you wanted, you could make it narrower and longer...Just an idea. Tracey is right - do a Ravelry search. I'm sure you'll find something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say so mitts! I bet there's a pattern for that. Lovely yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that alpaca is gorgeous! I love any alpaca I can get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitts or fingerless gloves - either would be lovely.

    And your Parenting for Peace sounds wonderful and right up my alley, will be picking it up soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the pants! That parenting book sounds great-- we are currently in a time of struggle with Finn, so that may be a good one to look into...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the book recommendations! they both sounds great!

    ReplyDelete