Yarn Along | Books for Spring



Knitting: I'm almost done with the first leg of the Kanoko Pants and am ready to knock out the second. I'm actually kind-of excited to see what shrinking magic a little water and a hot dryer will work on the size of these enormous pants. I've resolved to actually measure Silas and write them all down. It seems that I'm always casting on when he's asleep and am making sizing decisions without the benefit of his presence.

Reading: We've had the spring books out now for a couple of weeks and some clear favorites have emerged. They are:

And then it's spring by Julie Fogliano -- This was my new purchase of the season and I love it. The illustrations are sweet and soft and the story is all about patience.
Spot's First Easter by Eric Hill -- Any book in this series is a hit with my little guy. He's really really into lifting flaps right now.
Spring by Gerda Muller --The picture book classic. We love to make up stories for the pictures. Mama gets pretty creative after the first dozen times through.
Haiku Baby by Betsy Snyder -- This is one of the books that Silas asks me to read over and over and over again. Sweet, nature-based haiku.
Spring is Here by Taro Gomi -- Simple and lovely, the illustrations are very cinematic.
Hop by Phyllis Root -- We checked this out from the library, but I might have to purchase it. Rhyming story about bunnies.
Spring is a New Beginning by Joan Walsh Anglund -- This was a lucky thrifting find. Hopeful words about the promise of spring with adorable 60s illustrations.

Linking up with Ginny at Small Things.

15 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how to knit and crochet when my boys were little. Then they would have grown up with it and wouldn't think twice about me making them something. Now I just get "that" look for the aliens that inhabit my teenage boys' bodies *sigh* The pants are going to be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, don't you just love spring. And your knitting looks so lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely knitting Courtney. I do love that impressive stack of picture books, I think picture books are one of my favorites and still have quite a few of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pants looking wonderful, I love the different stitches used. Just finished my 'spring wreath' using your great idea on Rhythm of the Home, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pants looks great! if they don't shrink, they can always be for the fall ;-) i speak from experience as i do the same thing. over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the detail on the pants so far. Hope the shrinking works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely knitting, can't wait to see them on Silas. And what a great collection of spring books, we too have been into the spring books and Reece is loving it.

    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet pants. I love that final book you mentioned with the illustrations by Anglund.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pants! And that pile of books looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That knitting looks great and cute books! Happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful knitting! And I miss the days of those books! But The Hunger Games series has been making the rounds in my house, so I guess all the read-aloud has paid off! My goal this year is to learn how to do a cable knit. It's so good to have encouragement on your knitting adventures!!

    ReplyDelete