While Wandering

While Wandering | The Little Bug and I have gotten into the habit of taking walks whenever we go into town to run an errand, leading us to explore neighborhoods and streets and alleys that we never knew before. There are little notes of beauty in all of them and these are what we try to see...While Wandering.
Won't you join us?

Today I brought the camera along for our daily morning walk through suburbia. Amy has a great post about taking a daily constitutional and we've been doing walks every morning for the past 2 weeks or so. We have much better days now that we do. We live on a busy highway, so we walk a short jaunt down to a neighboring development and walk there. Still no sidewalks, but at least it's a residential street, so we feel a bit safer. The street dead-ends at a country gravel road, which is such a jarring jolt, I think. I wonder if the farmhouses that I can see ever thought that there would be a suburban development right in their backyard. 

Check out the Flickr Group to share your wanderings!








What do you see when you wander?

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Spring is starting to show up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing like a little fresh air and a walk for a mama's sanity...i got into the habit of daily walks like that with my first and still continue it, this time with a four in tow though ;-) there is always a fairy portal, cat in a window, tree in bloom...always something to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos look so familiar, like somewhere I've walked in my past almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! The landscape is so different in your part of the country, it's fun to be transported for a few brief moments. Enjoy that sunshine! Our Oregon coast spring is predictably wet and gray~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics, I bet you had a great time together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I walk daily too and it really does set the tone for my day. Getting out in the fresh air and seeing the changes has been so much fun; now to see if I can keep it up when the heat index is 110 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics!!! It definitely looks like spring is in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good for you for getting your days started in a positive way! we love getting outside right after breakfast- it's great for the kids and it makes the daily chores much easier for me after being outside for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are beautiful. Looks like springtime in the country! :)

    ReplyDelete