Weekending


This weekend was...

spotting our first hatched bluebird eggs,
new additions to the spring nature table,
WALKING,
a little bit of toddler-proofing (we have a new obsession with the computer mouse),
bread baking,
Earth Day celebrating,
lots of drawing,
remembering to slow down and savor,
and 
new lawn mower purchasing.

I've always felt so shy about sharing our weekends in this thread. For us, weekends aren't about "doing" much of anything. We've never been much for going and doing, even when it was just Steve and me. But now since reading Parenting for Peace, I'm making a very focused effort to be present in each moment for Silas and to not only be comfortable with the not doing that comes with running on toddler-time, but reveling in it. There's been a bit of a blog meme going around of sharing a sample daily schedule. I've gone back and forth about whether or not this is something that I want to participate in. No schedule that I've read looks quite like ours and I'd love to provide some solidarity for others who might run with the same flow that we do. But, it's also such an intimate thing. I think it would be interesting to chart on of our days if for nothing else than for Silas' baby book.

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being.

16 comments:

  1. I have never found anyone who has kept a schedule like I do, but then we are all different right? Silas sounds like he is growing by leaps and bounds, enjoying his world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schedule? You have a schedule? The only "scheduled" item I have is work and that's because they make me...if I want to get paid. Otherwise, I've always felt that schedules are over rated. I'm more of a "go with the flow" kind of girl...not always a good thing :) but it seemed to work for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I use the term loosely! :) "Rhythm" would probably be more accurate. Our days are all very similar in that the same things occur in roughly the same order, but there is very little looking at the clock at our house.

      Delete
  3. I am feeling jealous of you tight now! Our weekend was a blur of craziness, with too many things on the agenda. I am looking for a day (or two) when we have nothing booked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weekends are never the spectacular events you see in all those glossy magazine pages either. I was just talking about this at the park on Friday. Strict schedules with kids are like trying to put pants on a dog, you might accomplish everything you set out to do but the in the end is anyone really happy about it? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will join you on the low key weekends. For us they are about enjoying family time, work around the house and just being. We do sometimes plan a little day trip, but for the most part we go with the flow and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could keep to a schedule. I have them all over the place, but do I keep to it? NOoooo. LOL! Weekends... oh weekends... I'm with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well i think you can tell from my blog that we do low key weekends. no big plans. no big adventures. just all of us, together. it's magical ;-) celebrate what you do and what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best weekend is the one spent with family... no matter where you are or what you are doing. Enjoy the simple weekends. The older they get the busier they get! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything you share C, scheduled or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bluebird and new lawn mower are great weekend things. CL and I are not too flashy over the weekends either. A quiet walk around the hotel is good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a great weekend! We are looking for nests, and eggs but havent spotted any yet in our yard! Love your scheduled weekend I am sitting here trying to remember what we all did, the only thing I really remember is our yard sale, I guess I was so tired that really took my entire weekend!! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am feeling slightly jealous of your fabulous weekend too! I spent mine stuck in front of my husband's computer doing something I really don't like...bookkeeping. I missed out on two glorious days and our usual family time together. I know my sacrifice was for the greater good of the family but I still missed out on the weekend fun. Next weekend will be different...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing how much can happen in a quiet weekend. I think those are the best weekends. Time together, breathing deep, and seeing life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, baby birds! Very wonderful to watch. I need a quiet weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  15. to me it sounds like you had a lot of fun and family time. Our lives are normally crazy but Im trying REALLY hard to slow and savoir our kids young years so this weekend was almost the same as yours.... Earth Day celebrating, nature walking and NO TV.

    ReplyDelete