Kanoko Pants







Still huge, the cotton Kanoko Pants are off my needles and on Silas. When I cast off the second leg and held them up Steve asked, "Did you knit Hammer Pants for our son?" Why, maybe I did. Maybe I did. The dryer did much to help the fibers bloom, but nothing to size them down at all. The length and the legs are okay, it's the waist that is a bit comical. That weird fold in the crotch is where it bunched when I pulled the waist tight enough so they would stay on him. They would also benefit from some short rows to give some shaping to the bum, but that's outside my ability at the moment. Overall, I think they're really cute and totally functional. Perfect for playing outside during these spring days.

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

22 comments:

  1. They are awesome! Maybe the large waist will make them wearable next fall as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are adorable and any kid as cool as Silas needs Hammer Pants...right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pants are adorable :) Love the idea of shaping them to be skinny jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love the pants, they look just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're great! I think they're adorable (as is Silas) and they look so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they are fabulous! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know the first thing about knitting, so I can't speak to whether they are big or not. Regardless, I think they look absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they are great Courtney and since Silas isn't going to do anything but grow I would worry about the waist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww.... They're cute! The good thing about babies is that they let you dress them in whatever:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all the different stitches~ they are adorable! well done~

    he just keeps getting more & more adorable...such a fun age!

    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they're adorable! And I love seeing him up and walking. Crazy how fast he's growing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, these are amazing, I love them. And Silas looks great in them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He actually said "hammer pants" that too funny! I think they look just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these pants. I definitely want to give them a try. I'm looking forward to bringing knitting back into my daily life. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I put the kanoko pants in my que on Ravelry AGES ago, and a lot of others commented that they could benefit from short rows and a gusset, so I'll be keeping that in mind when I eventually knit them.

    I do like them though on your son.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe! 2 legit, 2 legit 2 quit! (truly, they are adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them - great job! He is so adorable and growing fast - treasure every day!

    ReplyDelete