Yarn Along | Something in Cotton


And it's already Wednesday again. How did that happen? I've spent the last week or so searching through Ravelry, trying to find a project to inspire me to cast on. I picked up a gorgeous small skein of baby alpaca that I'm just itching to do something with, but have yet to find a project I deem worthy. And all the wool projects are just so...wooly. It's hard to imagine knitting them when it's 77 degrees outside. So, cotton it is. I have quite a few skeins of cheap cotton that I bought years ago when I first decided to re-try knitting. I think it's time to use them up. Next up, Silas is going to get a pair of Kanoko Pants (although, I may make them shorter...little knickers).

I've also been able to find some reading time this week! We're going through a napping transition; from two down to one, I think. But, it's a messy process and several days we end up napping in the rocking chair. Luckily, my abandoned stack of books were still there waiting for me. I grabbed Poser by Claire Dederer and am really enjoying it. It's a memoir of a 30-something Seattle woman using her journey to become "someone who does yoga" as a metaphor for her life as a wife, mother, and former cool kid who spent all her time going to rock shows. It's a very fast read and she's made me both laugh and cry, a hallmark of a good book, I think.

Linking up with Ginny from Small Things.

12 comments:

  1. I love those pants! Silas will be well dressed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the thought of wool right now makes me hot!
    The wee one here has given up naps all together and for this 'Olie'
    who wakes at 4:00am every morning this is not a good thing!
    The book sounds like it would be a fun read so I will have to pick up a copy.
    Have a lovely yarn along day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants will be adorable! The book sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a skein of alpaca and am looking for a little something to make, will check back to see if anyone has any ideas. Your books sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing and crying is always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm envious of your warm weather (: We're still very much in wool temps around here! Those Kanoko pants are great...might have to give them a try. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good book for the soul. Hard to believe it's Wednesday already and I have nothing to show. Oh well next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pants are soooo cute!!!! I think they will look great as knickers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH that book looks fun. I love the idea of knickers, I haven't been knitting much lately, I seem to have so much going on and nothing getting finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least when babies are down to just one nap a day, it's usually a very long one - hurrah! Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the book sounds so good, i haven't seen it before. and such cute soft cotton pants sound like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete