Spring is Here


I think I've taken pictures of our pussy willow every year since we planted it. There's just really something exciting about watching a living thing that you put in the ground grow and change. To watch it transform from a single branch to a thick-trunked tree with a power and direction that is all its own and has little, if anything, to do with me. Its catkins have been open for at least a week or two now. With the past two days being in the 70s (!) Silas and I have taken several walks around the yard for a change of pace and to get a little fresh air. The pussy willow, with its soft little nubs that fit perfectly in his hands, is his favorite spot to visit.

7 comments:

  1. I have a pecan tree out my back door that I take pictures of year round as the seasons change.

    Enjoy your beautiful spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE pussy willows! We've got some daffodils beginning to peek out of the ground. A magical time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply LOVE pussy willows. I rarely see them though. Maybe I need to plant one of my own in my yard! It definitely is one of my favourite signs of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being so fascinated by pussy willows as a child. Very cool trees. I'm afraid the only thing blooming in our yard right now are weeds. Can't plant anything until after Easter just to make sure that nothing gets frostbitten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing a pussy willow always takes me back to my childhood. We had one in our yard and I was forever fascinated by it. I imagine Silas will have a similar experience as he grows up with your tree. Thanks for sharing and taking me back to a lovely moment in my past.

    As for the arrival of spring, we seem to have jumped right past it. We are in the upper 80s today here in West Texas. To me, that should be the height of summer, not the middle of March. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pussy willows, they are one of my most favourite things about spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.....I do love Spring.x

    ReplyDelete