Yarn Along



On the needles: a little gray wool vest for Silas. I'm trying to take the pattern one row at a time so I don't get scared and run away. It's knit from the top down, in the round and, so far, has been going really fast.

Reading: Still nothing of note for me. I have, however, been meaning to share some of our favorite birthday books. I got these out a couple of weeks before Silas' first birthday celebration and put them into our regular reading rotation.

Another Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown: Sweet rhymes about the "important thing about being one." It continues through age six recording the milestones of each age and ending with the importance of being yourself.

Birthday Zoo by Deborah Lee Rose: This one is a favorite of both mama and papa. The zoo animals plan a party for a little boy's birthday. Adorable.

Birthday Presents by Cynthia Rylant: Parents remember their little one's birthdays from age one through six. This one makes me cry every single time.

On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier: Celebrating the individual, we read how the earth prepared for the coming of your very special little one. This one is a little too New Age-y for Steve, but I think it's incredibly sweet.

Linking up with Ginny at Small Things.

10 comments:

  1. You are reading very important books because they are books a mama reads. Looks like you are doing a great job on the vest for Silas. I 'm working on a cardigan and I have the sleeve stitches on stitch holders and someone asked me why I had those huge safety pins on it. I got a little chuckle with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear the pattern is working for you and you aren't running away from it!
    I love the stack of books you have to read to Silas. I have read to all my babies since they were infants and it is something I still do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One the day you were born has been a favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job with the little vest--Silas is going to look adorable in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gray color. He looks like he's enthralled with his books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely books! I particularly like On the Day You Were Born and the Margaret Brown Wise ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good, Courtney!

    Nice to see Silas is keeping up on his "reading" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I'm over here from Rhythm of the Home, and enjoyed reading this book post--it's always a treat (and very rare) for me to come across children's books I don't know. Now I need to get my hands on a copy of Birthday Presents; sounds great! Thanks for reviewing them.

    ReplyDelete