A hat for Baby





Finally! A mama-made that my baby can actually wear! In the beginning there were booties and bibs and hats, but my big fella outgrew them all within a week or two. This is the first thing I've made him since then. Yay! I used the leftover yarn from Steve and my matching hats.I had intended to follow a pattern, but ended up winging it instead. I feel so thrifty having used up every last scrap of those three balls of yarn. Silas is a fan too. We were in the car the other day and he started to fuss as his nap time drew near. Suddenly all got very quiet in the backseat. He hadn't fallen asleep. No, my little dear had removed his hat, figured out how to pull out the little pom on top, and was playing with the little lengths of yarn. I was happy for the moment of peace.

Linking up with Ginny at Small Things.

15 comments:

  1. Courtney, Silas looks so adorable in his mamma knit hat! It's nice to hear that he has a love of fiber too. Happy yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney that is so cute!! I love the little tiny tassels on top :) Great color combos, I think you outdid yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! The hat is cute too! I'm afraid my boys didn't grow up with knitted goodies from mama because I really just picked up knitting in the last couple of years. I need to hurry and make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, how sweet (silas and the hat!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I love those bits of yarn sticking out the top, looks like they are about to start twirling around and whisk him off somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hat is wonderful and he looks so adorable in it. Well...he would look adorable even without the hat too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!

    So does this mean a family hat photo soon? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much adorableness :) I know just what you mean about those tiny quiet mmoments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cheeks on your baby are perfect! Great hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little hat and your little guy is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is SO cute, and his hat is adorable too. it's great you were able to use up all the left over wool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. geez i can't believe how big he is. how time flies. congrats on the hat it looks fantastic!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a lovely one! (both the boy and the hat ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute as a button in his mama made hat!

    ReplyDelete