Garden Planning


Well, I don't think I can put it off any longer. Not that I was really avoiding it, but I hadn't yet made it a priority. I think I was waiting for a blizzard and below zero temperatures to curl up on the couch with some hot tea and my seed planning calendar. But as March approaches with no blizzard in sight, I think I better just forge ahead.

My gardening goal is always to do just a little bit better than the season before. This year my only real hope is to have some fun in the dirt with Silas. Well, I'd also like to have some tomatoes and peppers too. I'm going to focus on the basics, working to improve my ability to grow those few things that we eat a lot of: tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, radishes, carrots, and some sunflowers thrown in for good measure.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! I AM looking out at a bunch of snow. It really is amazing that the frozen ground will soon bring things to life... truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I long to do my garden planning - though I´m not so good at it..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for gardens! My husband has been on the tractor for days getting fields ready and planting! Now I need to get busy and check the jar supply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Courtney, your reasons for holding off on your garden planning, are the same I had. I have my stack of seed catalogs and graph paper on my dresser, waiting, but we haven't had that shocking cold day to curl up with them and plan out. I guess I better get going myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My gardening goal is always to do just a little bit better than the season before."
    I love that :)

    Oh, and put Genovese basil on your list, you've got to have basil...mmm...basil. And arugula, and pole beans, and kale, and some garlic, and nasturtium, and cilantro...oh, I love the planning!

    ReplyDelete